Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards 2022 ($20,000 prize)
Deadline: March 1, 2022
Applications are open for the Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards 2022. The Awards is an annual prize offered to the best photographic publication by a photographer from, or working in, Africa.
Initiated by the Eiger Foundation in September 2021, the Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards celebrates the photobook’s contribution to the evolving narrative of photography, with a focus on the African continent.
- A $20,000 prize will be awarded to the photographer(s)/artist(s) whose finished, publicly available photobook is judged to be the best of the year.
- Five books will be selected for the shortlist, presented on the EIGER FOUNDATION website accompanied by the jury’s comments. The four runner-ups of the shortlisted photographers will receive a prize of $3,000 each.
- The Eiger Foundation African Photobook of the Year Award distinguishes a book in which the dominant content is photography, featuring the work of one or more photographer(s).
- The book must be produced in physical form.
- Books must be produced or published between January 1, 2019, and January 1, 2022.
- Entries for either award may only be submitted by the photographer, the publisher, or a third party acting with the consent of the photographer.
- Books must be by an African photographer or a publisher established on the African continent.
- Books on an African theme by non-African photographers or non-African publishers are also admitted.
- Exhibition catalogues or museum publications, as well as text-only publications, are not eligible.
- The book may be comprised of photographs of any genre or topic.
You will need to provide the following information on the submittable entry form:
- Book title, year of publication, and publisher information
- Book blurb, a short description/summary of the book
- The photographer or author’s name
- Book dimensions, number of pages
- Distribution information
- An image or render of the book cover (JPG file)
- A digital copy of your book in PDF format
For more information, visit Eiger Foundation.