Unity for Humanity Grant 2022 for Social Impact Creators (up to $500K)
Deadline: December 3, 2021
Applications are open for the Unity for Humanity Grant 2022. Unity for Humanity empowers social impact creators by offering grant funding, mentorship, and technical support for their RT3D projects.
For 2022, they are awarding up to $500K in grants, including a special Imagine Grant in partnership with Common to the project that best Imagines a Better World inspired by Common’s latest single, Imagine.
- They will make grant recommendations from a pool of $500,000 USD to Unity’s Charitable Fund, a fund of the Tides Foundation.
- In addition, Unity will provide 8 hours of technical support from the Unity Professional Services team (to be used within a one year period) as well as bespoke marketing and mentorship support.
- Project(s) eligible for submission must be a prototype or a project in any stage of production. The Unity for Humanity grant accepts any project genre (game, XR, film, solution) created with any RT3D platform.
- All projects must be impact-driven, meaning that they have measurable impact goals and/or calls to action and/or encompass themes of social, healthcare, education, humanitarian and environmental issues.
- Projects must also align with at least one of the UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Unity for Humanity Grant recipients are selected using the following criteria:
- Vision (25%)
- Inclusion (25%)
- Impact (25%)
- Viability (25%)
For the 2022 call, projects that self-identify to apply for the Imagine Grant or are nominated by the judges to be considered for the Imagine Grant must ‘Imagine a Better World.’
Applicants will be asked to provide a pitch deck in PDF format and a link to a video sample or trailer of the project. There are short essay questions on the application which ask the applicant to outline their motivation for creating the project.
The Grant cannot be awarded to individuals. Submit your application via a legal entity (e.g., a production company, studio, etc.).
For more information, visit Unity for Humanity.