Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential (EJS) Center Amujae Leaders Program 2022 for African Women
Deadline: January 23, 2022
Applications are open for the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential (EJS) Center Amujae Leaders Program 2022. The program inspires and prepares women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership, and to bring other women along.
Each year, the EJS Center selects a cohort of African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences that are designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. The inaugural cohort of 2020 Amujae Leaders and subsequent cohort of 2021 Amujae Leaders make up a dynamic group of women with impressive and diverse backgrounds in public leadership and beyond.
Amujae Leaders receive world-class coaching from former heads of state, leadership development through in-person forums and virtual workshops, tailored media and communications support, and self-development opportunities. It is the only initiative in the world that is specifically designed to support talented African women leaders as they advance in their public leadership journeys.
Goals of the Amujae Initiative
The Amujae Initiative’s goals are:
- Enhance Capacity: To enhance the capacity of women in public leadership, helping them to increase their effectiveness within their current roles.
- Embolden Women: To embolden women as they navigate career paths in public leadership, supporting them to aspire to the highest positions.
- Strengthen Ties: To strengthen ties among a growing, experienced, and capable network of women public leaders in Africa.
- Influence Public Perception: To positively influence public perception of women’s leadership across Africa, building a wave of support for greater women’s representation.
- Be a citizen and resident of any African country.
- Have already invested in a public leadership journey with demonstrable accomplishments. This journey may have evolved in various professional backgrounds/ sectors, not strictly public service.
- May be working/ involved in sectors that include but are not limited to public administration, politics, civil society, business, arts, media, sports, education, sciences, etc.
- Have the ambition to serve at the highest levels of public leadership.
- Have demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Be patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to her home country/countries.
You will be required to upload the following attachments in PDF:
- A short bio/ profile (500 words max),
- A CV (3 pages max),
- A copy of your passport/ national identity document and,
- Two, separate reference letters that are testimonials of your character, what sets you apart as a leader, and the impact of your service/leadership.
Applications to join the 2022 cohort will be open until January 23, 2022. All applications will be reviewed carefully, and shortlisted applicants will be notified by April 1, 2022.
For more information, visit Amujae Leaders Program.