Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship 2022
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Applications are open for the Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship 2022. This residency program is created in honor of the late Nigerian Professor Tejumola Olaniyan and his remarkable intellectual legacy in the field of African literature and critical theory.
Recipients will have the opportunity to publish their texts through The Africa Institute’s publications program. Projects relating to theatre and film scripts can also be published as texts or receive support in facilitating productions. The project could be new or a work-in-progress and should be feasible for completion within the timeframe of the residency.
- The fellowship offers a grant of 45,000 AED in total.
- Open to creative writers including novelists, short story writers, playwrights, poets and scriptwriters related to Africa and the African diaspora.
- The proposed project can be in Arabic or English (other languages will be considered). The residency invites recipients to Sharjah, UAE for a period of three months to complete their work.
All applications will be reviewed by The Africa Institute through a committee of peers of well-known writers. Three recipients will be chosen based on the quality of their proposal, and the demonstrated feasibility of completion within the timeframe of the residency.
Applications must include:
- CV/résumé of the applicant
- A two-page narrative of the project to be undertaken during the residency period, its significance, and a proposed date of completion.
- A sample of published or unpublished writings.
To submit applications, compile all application materials; CV/résumé, two-page narrative and writing sample (in case of a book, kindly attach separately) into one single PDF in the mentioned order. Name the file with the residency title abbreviation and the applicant’s name in this format: TOCWRP_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME. Use the same name in the email subject heading and send the PDF as an email attachment to [email protected]
For more information, visit Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship.