Alex Trebek Postdoctoral Fellowship – AI and Environment 2022 (up to $45,000)
Applications are open for the Alex Trebek Postdoctoral Fellowship – AI and Environment 2022. The AI + Society Initiative is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Alex Trebek Postdoctoral Fellow to pursue an innovative research program focused on the social science aspects of Artificial Intelligence (AI) applied to environmental sustainability.
The successful candidate will be supervised throughout the postdoctoral fellowship by leading social science, legal and policy scholars from the University of Ottawa together with an advisory committee of national and international scholars, as part of the Alex Trebek Forum for Dialogue’s Project on AI for Healthy Humans and Environments at the University of Ottawa AI + Society Initiative.
About the Project
The Postdoctoral Fellow will join the dynamic research community of the AI + Society Initiative at the University of Ottawa, and of its Alex Trebek Forum for Dialogue’s Project on AI for Healthy Humans and Environments.
The University of Ottawa has positioned itself as a leader in transdisciplinary research and training for responsible AI for the benefit of Canada and the world. The AI + Society Initiative leads a research agenda for a better understanding and framing of the ethical, legal and societal implications of AI research and its uses, as well as leveraging a transdisciplinary approach to advancing AI methods and tools, with a focus on their responsible applications.
Co-lead by Dr. Kelly Bronson, Dr. Colleen M. Flood and Dr. Florian Martin-Bariteau, the Alex Trebek Forum for Dialogue’s Project on AI for Healthy Humans and Environments synergistically brings together leading centers and researchers on AI and proposes research and knowledge translation in the areas of health care, agriculture and the environment. The project aims at developing tools and a framework to support policy makers in Canada and abroad in implementing “smart” changes – ones which support healthier and more sustainable AI-powered healthcare and food production.
- Successful candidate will receive $45,000, plus benefits.
- Applicant should have a doctorate degree in sociology or a related field. Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained a PhD within the last five years, but all applications will be considered.
- Research experience, preferably on projects related to AI and big data.
- English proficiency.
In addition, the following skills will be considered as assets:
- Bilingualism (English and French).
- Scientific contributions on relevant topics.
- Experience in knowledge mobilization.
- Experience with STS concepts and commitments.
The application file must include:
- a cover letter,
- a complete curriculum vitae,
- a one-page description (max.) of the research interests relevant to this position.
For more information, visit Alex Trebek Postdoctoral Fellowship.