Oxford Foundry/FMDQ Private Markets Innovate Nigeria Program 2022
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Applications for the Oxford Foundry/FMDQ Private Markets Innovate Nigeria Program 2022 are now open. OXFO x FMDQ Innovate Nigeria is a two-week intensive accelerator program, designed to support innovation-driven start-ups in Nigeria in becoming scalable enterprises, that have the potential to create transformative social and economic impact within Nigeria.
The Oxford Foundry (OXFO) and FMDQ Private Markets Limited (FMDQ), Africa’s first vertically integrated financial market infrastructure group, have partnered to accelerate the growth of Nigeria’s start-up ecosystem and nurture a future generation of young Nigerian leaders in entrepreneurship, through knowledge exchange and collaboration.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
- A bespoke curriculum focusing on core entrepreneurship and venture building skills
- 1-to-1 coaching with Oxford Foundry network of resident experts
- A tailored leadership training curriculum, directed towards building resilient entrepreneurs
- Introductions to investors
- Opportunities to pitch to these investors
- Open to accelerating Nigeria-based ‘Innovation-Driven Start-ups’ from all sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- The ventures, in addition, are expected to have:
- Been registered and operating in Nigeria
- Built a team – minimum of two members
- Validated the problem
- Developed and began testing an MVP (Product-Market fit)
- Ambitious vision – tackling a big problem that directly impacts one of the United Nation’s Sustainability Development Goals
- Knowledge of their market
- Diversity & Inclusion commitment – gender, race/ethnicity, etc.
- Willingness and capacity to contribute financial resources towards expansion activities
- Present a comprehensive business plan/expansion strategy
This Program is designed for Innovation-Driven Small Start-up ventures and requires the following:
- Each venture and its founding team will need to commit to taking part in the program for a minimum of 25 hours per week (5 hours per day) over the two-week period. You must be present and fully engaged for the two weeks.
- Each venture selected for the Bootcamp will be expected to provide data on commercial progress of their venture for up to 5-10 years. Data will be collected per quarter for the first two years before moving to every 6-months post two years.
- Each venture will sign a declaration/waiver as part of the programme to declare their commitment to ensuring diversity and inclusion is at the forefront of their hiring objectives and strategy.
- Behaviour appropriate to the Oxford Foundry and FMDQ; and for a co-working/online environment.
- A commitment to accelerate or scale up your venture within Nigeria.
For more information, visit Innovate Nigeria Program.