YSEALI Regional Workshop: Guardians of Good Governance 2022 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 24, 2022
Applications are open for the YSEALI Regional Workshop: Guardians of Good Governance 2022. The U.S. Embassy in the Philippines, in partnership with Cultural Vistas, will host the 2022 YSEALI Regional Workshop: Guardians of Good Governance.
This fully-funded workshop will include young leaders working on civic education to promote civic participation, good governance, and transparency and accountability in government in ten ASEAN nations and Timor-Leste. The experience will consist of pre-workshop virtual activities offering background on civic education theory, lifelong learning, and best practices in digital engagement strategies; a four-day workshop in Manila, Philippines; and post-workshop virtual engagement to support implementation of post-workshop activities. The goal is for participants to develop a deep understanding of how their efforts can promote citizen engagement in their home communities, nations, and across the region.
Topics and Themes
- Introduction: Introduction to practices and resources to support lifelong learning.
- Equitable Community Engagement Toolkit: An overview of the elements found in an Equitable Community Engagement Toolkit, an introduction to case studies of civic education projects/campaigns resulted in good governance practices, and introduction to important elements and best practices which lead to a successful outcome.
- Project-based Learning: Understanding of project-based learning to envision ways to reach deep into the communities to engage a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Development for Campaigns: Guidance in development of digital education and engagement campaigns for civic education projects and campaigns.
- All applicants must be 18-35 years old;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Be registered members of YSEALI, and be citizens of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam.
- If you are a citizen of one of the listed countries but living outside of Southeast Asia, you may apply for the workshop and join the virtual program. However, flights for the in-person workshop will only be covered for participants currently residing in Southeast Asia.
- Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate an interest in, and commitment to, civic education in their local community or nation.
Interested in a Facilitator or Speaker role at the Workshop? Submit your application and state your area of expertise here
For more information, visit YSEALI.