CJF Black Journalism Fellowship Program 2022
Deadline: January 14, 2022
Applications are open for the CJF Black Journalism Fellowship Program 2022. This program aims to amplify Black voices, improve coverage of Black issues in the news and cultivate future Black media leaders in Canada’s major media and community outlets.
The CJF-CBC/Radio-Canada Black Journalism Fellowship, CJF-CBC/Radio-Canada Black Women’s Journalism Fellowship and CJF-CTV News Black Journalism Fellowship will each provide a unique opportunity for an early-career Black journalist—with one-to-five years’ experience—to be hosted for six months at a CBC/Radio-Canada (English and French) or CTV News newsroom across the country.
- CJF-IJB Black Investigative Journalism Fellowship
- CJF-CBC/Radio-Canada Black Journalism Fellowship
- CJF-CBC/Radio-Canada Black Women’s Journalism Fellowship
- CJF-CTV News Black Journalism Fellowship
Successful applicants will:
- Spend six months at a CBC/Radio-Canada (English and French) or CTV News newsroom across the country;
- Receive mentoring and training for a variety of skills, including video and audio editing, writing, research and investigative reporting;
- Receive a full-time stipend for the duration of their Fellowship experience;
- Write or produce an article / piece during their fellowship, which will be considered for publication / broadcast by CBC / Radio-Canada or CTV News.
- Open to Black Canadian journalists with one to five years of experience.
- Full-time CBC News/Radio-Canada or CTV News employees are not eligible to apply.
- Casual or contract employees of CBC News/Radio-Canada or CTV News are eligible to apply.
- The successful applicants must be able to relocate.
For more information, visit CJF Black Journalism Fellowship.