L’Oréal-UNESCO UK and Ireland For Women in Science Rising Talent Program 2022 (£15,000 grant)
Deadline: January 20, 2022
Applications are open for the L’Oréal-UNESCO UK and Ireland For Women in Science Rising Talent Program 2022. The Program offers awards to promote, enhance and encourage the contribution of women pursuing their research careers in the UK or Ireland.
The awards have been designed to provide flexible and practical financial support for winners to spend on scientific equipment, paying for childcare, travel costs or indeed whatever they need to continue their research. The program is run in partnership between L’Oréal UK and Ireland, the UK National Commission for UNESCO and the Irish National Commission for UNESCO, with the support of the Royal Society.
- Each year five women post-doctoral researchers are awarded a grant worth £15,000 (equivalent € in Ireland).
- Candidates must identify as female postdoctoral level researchers who have already been awarded their research doctorate in the fields of life science, physical sciences, mathematics and computing, engineering or sustainable development.
- Candidates must have no more than 10 years’ active full-time equivalent postdoctoral experience (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry).
- Candidates must not currently hold a permanent academic post, or have ever held a permanent academic post in the past, or have received, before the start date of the award, the promise of a permanent academic post.
- Candidates must be undertaking research in the fields of life science, physical sciences, mathematics and computing, engineering or sustainable development.
- Psychology, science education and social sciences are not eligible for this Award.
- Candidates must be conducting their research at a UK or Irish university or research institute.
- Candidates can be a citizen of any country, but must already have a confirmed position at a university or institute within the UK or Ireland. This contract must cover the 12-month period of the award.
- Candidates must be residing within the UK or Ireland at the time of application. Applications are welcome from candidates who wish to establish/re-establish themselves after a career break or other period of absence from active research or where the candidate is establishing a research career as a mature entrant or after experience in other fields.
- Intellectual Merit of Candidate
- Academic records
- Ability to interpret and communicate research findings
- Evidence of originality, initiative and productivity
- Strong recommendation in a reference letter
- Clearly articulated research proposal
- The relevance of the research and its impact
- The originality of the research proposal
- The proposal should be presented in a clear and compelling way
- How the rising talent award will enhance the candidate’s career and/or assist with a successful return to scientific research
- Whether the candidate has made a convincing case for the difference that this award will make to her
To apply for this program, you must be logged in to your account. If you are unable to access the form once you are logged in, refer to the “How do I apply for a program?” section of the FAQ.
For more information, visit #ForWomenInScience.