Deadline: February 15, 2022
Applications for the Wellcome Early-Career Awards 2022 are now open. This scheme provides funding for early-career researchers from any discipline who are ready to develop their research identity.
Through innovative projects, they will deliver shifts in understanding that could improve human life, health and wellbeing. By the end of the award, they will be ready to lead their own independent research program.
- Funding includes salary and up to £400,000 for research expenses. The duration of the funding is usually 5 years, but may be less for some disciplines, and longer if held on a part-time basis.
- You can apply to this scheme if you are an early-career researcher and you are ready to design, plan and deliver your own innovative research project that aims to:
- Advance understanding in your field and/or
- develop methodologies, conceptual frameworks, tools or techniques that could benefit health-related research.
- During the award, they expect you to:
- expand your technical skills and/or your experience of different research methodologies or frameworks
- build a collaborative network with other researchers in your field
- develop your people management skills
- advance your understanding of how to complete research responsibly and promote a positive and inclusive culture.
- Your research can be in any discipline – including science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), experimental medicine, humanities and social science, clinical/allied health sciences, and public health – as long as it has the potential to improve human life, health and wellbeing, and aligns with Wellcome Trust’s funding remit.
- You must have:
- completed a PhD (for example, in the life sciences) or an equivalent higher research degree. At the point of application you must have passed your viva examination OR
- if you have not started a PhD or equivalent degree, at least four years’ equivalent research experience (for example, in the humanities and social sciences).
You must submit your application by 17:00 (GMT/BST) on February 15, 2022. They won’t accept late applications.
For more information, visit Wellcome.