Deadline: February 4, 2022
Applications are open for the Netflix Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF) 2022. The CESF is designed to provide financial assistance through full scholarships at partner higher educational institutions (HEI) in South Africa, to support the formal qualification and training of aspiring creatives from the SADC region.
Netflix, the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, has committed US$1 Million towards a Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF) in Sub-Saharan Africa that will provide financial support to African creatives to access quality tertiary education in film and TV-focused disciplines at sought-after academic programs/institutions. This is part of Netflix’s ongoing efforts to invest in Africa’s creative industries and for more diverse and new voices to tell African stories.
- The scholarship will cover the costs for tuition, accommodation, study materials and living expenses at institutions to which beneficiaries have gained admission to pursue a course of study in the TV & film disciplines.
- Final year undergraduate students completing their degree in 2022; or Postgraduate students pursuing a one-year qualification in 2022.
- Students wishing to study at one of the following HEIs:
- AACA Film and Acting School
- Boston Media House
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- City Varsity
- Durban University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Students from a SADC region country that wish to study in South Africa, and are able to obtain the necessary permissions to do so.
- Students from the following countries will be eligible: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Students with a minimum academic average of 60% to date
- For students applying for a one-year postgraduate course, undergraduate studies must have been completed between 2019 and 2021
- Students that can demonstrate financial need and have been unable to secure meaningful financial aid from other sources (e.g. National Student Financial Aid Scheme)
For more information, visit Netflix CESF.