Ilia Calderón Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2022 (Fully-funded to Tokyo, Japan)
Deadline: February 17, 2022
Applications are open for the Ilia Calderón Scholarship 2022. Following the success of the Ilia Calderón Scholarship in 2021, One Young World has once again partnered with the Jang Calderón Family Foundation to support young Afro-descendant or Indigenous leaders, between the ages of 18 and 30, who are leading innovative and impactful initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Ilia Calderón Scholarship will select and fund the participation of two Afro-descendant or Indigenous leaders who will be able to travel to Japan and attend the One Young World 2022 Summit in Tokyo, Japan.
Scholarship will provide:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 16 and 19 (inclusive) May, 2022;
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (economy class);
- Domestic travel costs to airport to take the international flight (economy class).
- Visa costs, if applicable;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Translation services from English to Spanish in the plenary sessions, welcome and closing event.
- Candidates must be aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place in Tokyo from 16 -19 May 2022.
- Be from one of the following countries: Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Guyana, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Brazil.
Candidates will also be evaluated on the following:
- Demonstrate commitment and potential benefits for the communities or territories to which they belong.
- Relevance of the initiatives to which he/she leads or he/she participates.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Address key local and/or global issues in their community or territories.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.
The deadline to apply is February 17, 2022 (9 AM GMT). Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Ilia Calderón Scholarship.