Deadline: February 14, 2022
A US Joint Commission International accredited private hospital in Nairobi, Kenya seeks a full-time Pediatric ICU Physician (pediatric intensivist). This is an exciting opportunity to help the premier pediatric ICU in East Africa expand from 5 beds to 10 beds as the hospital expands its pediatric cardiac surgery program and its ICU program in general.
Corvus Health is recruiting a:
- Pediatric Intensivist (Full-time)
This position is to provide clinical care at the critical care unit as part of a multidisciplinary care process leading to desired patient care outcomes, service standards, and best practice standards with also an opportunity to conduct and publish clinical research as a speciality physician with ICU specialty training.
The position reports directly to the hospital medical director.
- Provide best practice care to patients in the pediatric ICU.
- Communicate compassionately with patients’ parents.
- Determine patients’ needs for other specialty care and coordinate the specialists.
- Supervise, teach, and mentor senior registrars, medical officers, and junior doctors as needed.
- The pediatric intensivist usually spends 4 hours per workday in the unit to assess patients, develop and adjust care plans, perform procedures, and supervise fellows and residents, then takes call for the rest of the shift.
- Take lead in formulating and implementing new ICU clinical protocols.
- See job description for a more detailed list of responsibilities.
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- 2-year contract at inception, with performance-based renewal
- 42 hour work-week with two days off per week
- Health insurance for self and family
- Life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- 22 working days vacation in a year
- The hospital will assist with all necessary Kenya licensing
- Must be a pediatrician in good standing with the pediatric regulator in your current country of practice.
- Must have successfully completed ICU specialty training.
- Excellent clinical reasoning, organization, and documentation.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Experience using electronic medical records preferred.
- Must be able to relocate to Nairobi.
- At least 2 years experience preferred.
- Collegial colleague and team player with good bedside manner.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, CV/resume and professional certificates to [email protected].
For more information, visit Corvus Health.