World Food Prize Foundation George Washington Carver Internship Program 2022
Deadline: February 23, 2022
Applications are open for the World Food Prize Foundation George Washington Carver Internship Program 2022. The Internship is an unparalleled professional opportunity for students interested in global issues of hunger, poverty, and development.
George Washington Carver (GWC) Interns learn first-hand both the public and private side of operating an international non-profit organization and increase their understanding of the international fight against hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
Working one-on-one with a staff mentor, GWC Interns become an integral part of this internationally renowned organization and interact with World Food Prize Laureates, government officials, international experts in science and agriculture, leaders in industry and business, and members of local and national media. GWC Interns come from a variety of academic disciplines and internship roles will be specialized according to an individual’s background, skills, and area of interest.
- Interns are compensated with a stipend of $1,500 per internship period.
- Open to qualified undergraduate and graduate students in the U.S.
- This internship is based in Des Moines, Iowa, and requires that an intern be local and available to work in-person.
- Successful candidates have: a strong academic background, a solid work ethic, a capacity for analytical thinking, impeccable attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- They are enthusiastic and flexible learners, capable of both taking direction and working independently.
- Applicants must be proficient in English to be considered for placement.
- All selected interns share a commitment to fulfilling The World Food Prize Foundation’s mission of elevating innovation and inspiring action to increase the quality, quantity, and availability of food for all.
World Food Prize Foundation accepts interns for the Spring, Summer or Fall period and is currently accepting for the Summer (May 16 – August 26).
A cover letter and resume are necessary to apply; and a sample of work is necessary if applying for graphic design but welcome for other positions.
For more information, visit George Washington Carver Internship.