Deadline: October 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Goethe-Institut Visual Arts Project Fund 2022. The Goethe-Institut’s Visual Arts Project Fund supports artists, curators and institutions from different countries and regions in the realisation of projects planned jointly and based on an equal division of labour and creative input.
The aim is to promote international networks in the visual arts, architecture, design and art education/cultural mediation through innovative artistic and curatorial work.
They provide funding for the development of exhibitions and discursive formats with transnational cooperative working structures from the fields of visual art, architecture, design and art education/cultural mediation as well as interdisciplinary projects. The fund is aimed at professional artists, curators and cultural practitioners working abroad and in Germany. It supports their creative and intellectual engagement in a project which they conceive and implement together, and in which they collaborate as equal partners across national boundaries while sensitive to specific contexts, thereby creating new modes/ possibilities of form and content.
- The maximum funding amount is €25,000.
- The fund is aimed at professional artists, curators and cultural practitioners with proven experience in working and exhibiting in professional contexts.
- They require at least two project partners for an application, one of whom lives and works inside and one outside of Germany. The application is handed in by one of the partners, the applicant. The second project partner receives an email with a prompt to confirm the application.
Applications that meet the criteria are submitted to a jury of experts and representatives of the Goethe-Institut for decision. In making its decision, the jury will be guided by the following award criteria:
- Project quality and roles of the participating cultural operators in their respective scenes
- Expected impact of artistic or discursive results
- Contemporary relevance of the questions and objectives
- Balanced and dialogical approach to cooperation without one project partner dominating
- Establishment of continuing cooperation structures
- Consideration of ecological and social sustainability and inclusiveness in the project’s implementation
- Budget with details of your own/third-party funds (at least 10% of the funding amount) and a solid financial plan. Please give reasons if no own funds are available and acquiring thrid-party funds is not possible.
- Preference is given to projects between partners from Germany and transition countries and the Global South.
Submit your application for the Visual Arts Project Fund electronically via the Goethe-Institut’s Application Portal. Applications can only be submitted in English.
For more information, visit Goethe-Institut.