Odyssée Residencies 2022 for Foreign Artists (€1,200 grant)
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Applications for the Odyssée Residencies 2022 are now open. The Odyssée program supports residencies of foreign artists, researchers and professionals/professionals who do not reside in France and who wish to develop projects within the network of cultural meeting centres.
The Odyssey program is run by the Association of Cultural Meeting Centres. Cultural Meeting Centres (CCR) are places built around an artistic, cultural and intellectual project in synergy with the major heritage site where they are located.
- The selected candidates are awarded a residence grant of €1,200 per month for a period of 1 to 6 months.
- Accommodation and meals are provided by the cultural meeting centre where the selected candidate resides.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to an amount determined on the basis of the trip to be made and supporting documents.
- Visa applications and fees will be covered within the program budget.
- Residents also benefit, whenever possible, from the provision of technical means for carrying out their residence project.
- The program covers all cultural sectors (live performance, literature, music, architecture, crafts, visual arts, theatre writing, animation, photography, journalism).
- For applications for residencies in the artistic and cultural fields, applications must propose projects related to the subject of the selected French cultural meeting centres (CCR). Up to 3 different centres can be chosen as a place of residence.
- For applications for residence in the fields of cultural management and development of cultural networks, there is no need to choose a CCR, it is sufficient to indicate on the form the professional association (ACCR).
- Note that artists can propose a residency project in a center in France and a center of the network of cultural centers of encounter abroad. The residency project must then correspond to the cultural projects of the two selected centres. If accepted, the residency will take place 2/3 of the time in the center in France and 1/3 of the time in the center of the network abroad.
The following will be attached to the form:
- the candidate’s curriculum vitae,
- the project it proposes to carry out during the residence, in accordance with the activity and specific project of the chosen centre,
- a portfolio of works or links to the recording of musical or theatrical pieces etc.
- a letter of motivation,
- a letter of recommendation,
- proof of domicile (electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.),
- photocopy of passport or identity card.
Documents and attachments may be in English or French.
For more information, visit Odyssée Residencies.