Deadline: February 25, 2022
The U.S. Field Office for Venezuela is inviting young leaders in Venezuela to apply for the Youth Ambassadors Program 2022. The program is open to teens ages 15-18 and adult mentors.
The Young Ambassadors program has as its objectives: to develop a group of young adults from all the countries of the Americas, who have a strong sense of civic responsibility, a commitment to their communities, awareness of global issues, and strong interpersonal leadership skills; promote mutual understanding, respect, and collaboration among people in the United States and other countries in the Western Hemisphere; and provide a group of young high school student leaders the opportunity to participate in an experiential learning program, leadership trainings, community civic engagement, mentorship by community, business and NGO leaders, and volunteering.
Participants will study program topics such as: civic education, leadership, community service, and social and youth transformation through various activities.
In 2022 the program will be a virtual exchange in Venezuela and the activities will take place in the fall of 2022; exact dates will vary. Program formats are subject to change in consultation with the US Department of State. They will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 on international travel and exchanges funded by the US government, conducted in the United States and abroad. They anticipate hosting Youth Ambassador programs in 2022 and will post updates as they become available.
Participants will learn the following skills:
- Intercultural relations
- Professional Development Global Perspectives
- Community Service
- Language skills
- Be between 15 and 18 years old at the time of starting the program.
- Reside and study in Venezuela at the time of applying for the program.
- Have at least one trimester of secondary school studies pending after December 2022.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and community involvement.
- Have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to travel to the United States or participate in a local program.
- Have limited travel to the US and other countries or have not traveled before.
- Be a Venezuelan citizen and reside in Venezuela.
- Work actively with youth in a high school or community setting.
- Be willing and able to meet periodically with the young participants after the exchange to support and monitor participation projects.
The deadline to receive applications is Friday, February 25, 2022 at noon Washington, DC time.
For more information, visit Youth Ambassadors Program.