Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program 2022
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Applications are open for the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Program 2022. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
The E4D Program is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The current program phase runs from 2019 to 2023.
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate):
- Economy round trip ticket (max. 2,000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the program
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The program fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low-income countries.
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- A minimum English standard of TOEFL level C1 is required. If the continuing education program requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this level also needs to be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from all countries classified in the OECD DAC List 2022, except from upper-middle income countries.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS program office.
Application documents include:
- CV of the candidate
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the program and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond
- Two professional references
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS program for the respective semester.
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D program office ([email protected]) directly through the employer (and not the candidate).
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1) or other internationally recognised English certificates. If the program requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
For more information, visit E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.