Deadline: February 17, 2022
Applications are open for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Youth Forum 2022. The Youth Forum [YLF] is a multidisciplinary program on social, economic and political challenges at the national, continental and global level. It brings together talented active young minds and political activists who are working towards social justice and democracy.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a non-profit German foundation funded by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany, and headquartered in Bonn and Berlin. It was founded in 1925 and is named after Germany’s first democratically elected President, Friedrich Ebert. FES is committed to the advancement of both socio-political and economic development in the spirit of social democracy, through civic education, research, and international cooperation. Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is the oldest political foundation in Germany.
Applicants should be:
- Between 21 and 35 years old;
- Holders of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
- With interest in politics;
- Involved in a project or initiative and/or active in civil society, political parties, or trade unions.
Send your application, consisting of a one-page motivation letter and your detailed CV in PDF format, to [email protected] or submit a hard copy to FES office located along Mwai Kibaki Road latest by Thursday, 17th February 2022 at 14.00 hours.
Your motivation letter should refer to your voluntary engagement in society and explain what you are expecting from the YLF. It should answer the following questions:
- Why are you applying for this program (professional, personal motives)? How will your participation help nurture your engagement and transform your community (or) and organization?
- What do you contribute? Which of your (professional) skills, knowledge, experiences do you consider particularly suitable for completing this program?
- Apart from your studies: What else have you been involved with (scientifically, politically, socially or culturally)?
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Interviews will be scheduled for March 2022 in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar respectively.
For more information, visit FES Youth Forum.