Deadline: March 31, 2022
Applications for the Nahom Berhane Scholarship for Leadership and Inclusion 2022 are now open. The Scholarship for Leadership and Inclusion provides assistance to youth with a proven track record of volunteerism, community service and leadership in the community, who are in need of financial support to attend a post-secondary institution including universities, colleges and professional trades training.
The Scholarship is available for students who are registered to attend a post-secondary institution (in any year). This year they are prioritizing youth of African Descent.
- Disbursement of the Scholarship will be paid directly to the institution to help reduce the cost of registration, to a maximum of $3,000.
- Applicants should be registered to attend a post-secondary institution (in any year)
- Have lived in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) for at least 2 years
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
(Please note: Applicants who are in the process of applying as permanent residents and who have documentation from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows them to study at a post-secondary institution may apply. Proof of an application with IRCC will be required. The Scholarship does not fund visitor or international student studies)
- Have a proven track record of community involvement/volunteerism
- Have demonstrated leadership in their community/are community mobilizers
- Are sponsored by a mentor / mentor organization committing to act as a mentor for the applicant for the duration of the scholarship
- Make a positive contribution to the GTA
All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be received no later than March 31, 2022 at 5pm. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
For more information, visit Nahom Berhane Scholarship.