Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI) PhD Internship 2022
Applications are open for the Microsoft Africa Research Institute (MARI) PhD Internship 2022. The MARI, Nairobi, Kenya, is looking for a PhD intern for a 6 month qualitative research project.
The MARI is a first of its kind research institute, closely combining foundational research, with product innovation, engineering and design to create the technologies of the future. Their mission is to understand, build and deploy innovative cloud and AI technologies which not only address core opportunities in Africa and contribute to solving local challenges at scale but which contribute to creating a more productive future of work, health and society globally.
Microsoft provides a nurturing environment to support passionate researchers and engineers in AI technology innovation. They are seeking candidates excelling in deep thinking research aspects and fast-paced entrepreneurial execution. The ideal candidates should have strong ability to work with researchers and product team colleagues at Microsoft to push forward research agendas and being a team player in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work on a project related to one of MARI’s core areas – Sustainability, recommender systems, AI fairness.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Applicant should be currently pursuing a PhD degree in computer science.
- Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers (being listed as author) at conferences such as CHI, CSCW .
- Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a research plan and work well as part of a team.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
- Relevant work experience, including industry experience or as a Researcher in a lab
- Publication Record
- Ability to design and execute on a research agenda
They are seeking candidates with stellar research skills and technical backgrounds. Applicants should demonstrate depth of knowledge in planning, conducting and publishing a research study.
For more information, visit MARI PhD Internship.