UNOY Call for Lead Researchers for a Baseline Study in Nigeria and Cameroon (Paid)
Deadline: February 27, 2022
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY) is looking for two lead researchers for a baseline study on the national implementation of the youth, peace and security agenda in Nigeria and Cameroon.
The baseline study will be carried out between March and mid-April 2022 (one focusing on Nigeria and the other Cameroon) on the status of the implementation of UNSCR 2250 and AU’s Continental Framework on YPS in Nigeria and Cameroon.
The study needs to identify key achievements, challenges and gaps that would impact the implementation of the policy frameworks, including but not limited to the participation of young people within this process. The baseline study will complement and serve as the foundation upon which key strategies, actions, and entry points for the further implementation of YPS in each country will be developed.
Position – Consultancy
- 1 x Lead Researcher for a Baseline Study in Nigeria
- 1 x Lead Researcher for a Baseline Study in Cameroon
- Location: Online, home-based Activity
- Duration: 15 working days (8 hours/day)
- Compensation: 2250 EUR tax included (150 EUR per day) per Lead Researcher
ONLY APPLICANTS BASED IN NIGERIA OR CAMEROON ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and possession of a Master’s degree in peace studies, conflict prevention or related studies would be an added advantage.
- Must have at least three years experience in research on youth engagement and policy implementation in Nigeria and Cameroon.
- Must be skilled in using appropriate software to analyze data.
- Must be able to work with a team and take a leadership position.
- Must be able to independently conduct research with minimum supervision.
- Have good and consistent access to the internet and familiarity with online tools for communication and sharing resources.
- Knowledge on the Youth, Peace and Security Agenda Great command of English.
- Familiarity with the Youth, Peace and Security Agenda
- Familiarity with African Union Continental Framework on Youth, Peace and Security and either Cameroonian or Nigerian frameworks on policy implementation
- Experience working in the area of peacebuilding and meaningful youth participation
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming the Lead Researcher for either Cameroon or Nigeria, please express your interest by sending:
- CV (max 2 pages);
- Motivation letter (max 1 page);
- An indication of your availability for March and April 2022; and
- Previous research work conducted;
Please send your application to [email protected].
For more information, visit UNOY Jobs.