Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP) 2022 for Nigerians
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Applications for the Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP) 2022 are now open. In partnership with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and Riby, Nourishing Africa has launched the Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP), a six-month program designed to develop the capacity of 15,000 Nigerian youth, aged 25 – 40 to participate in the export sector.
The program will provide training, market linkages, and digital support to entrepreneurs and co-operative leaders in the Nigerian agri-food sector. The YAEDP is accepting applications from agrifood entrepreners and cooperative leaders in these value chains: Cocoa, Spices, Sesame, Shea butter, Cashew, Cassava, Soybean, Rubber, and Ginger.
If selected, participants must be willing to dedicate at least 3 hours in a week for 6 – 8 weeks for the training component of the program. The training will be entirely online leveraging digital channel and media.
- Open to Nigerian agripreneurs and agro-cooperative leaders between 25 – 40 years old who are looking to export their produce.
- Applicants’ businesses must be located in the priority states in the country – Abia, Adamawa, Cross River, Edo, FCT, Kano, Kaduna, Kogi, Lagos, Ogun, and Oyo.
- Applicants must produce and/or sell food products in the priority value chains.
- The business must have been operational for at least one year.
- The YAEDP aims to ensure inclusiveness, hence, they strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented youth such as those with disabilities.
Applications must be completed in one sitting and cannot be saved to continue at a later stage. Any submitted applications cannot be edited.
For more information, visit YAEDP.