Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Africa Training Program Class of 2023 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 20, 2022
Applications for the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Africa Training Program Class of 2023 are now open. MEST offers a 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent.
The entrepreneurial training program in business, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
The successful world-class training program is run with the help of an internationally recognized faculty. They also offer their entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Guest lectures have been with executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, and many more.
- Building Sustainable Teams
- Market Research
- Product Development and Innovation
- Revenue and Business Modeling
- Branding and Communications
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Financial Management and Investments
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Metrics and Measurements
- Sales and Traction (achieving product/market fit)
- Preparing for investments
- The MEST Training Program is fully-sponsored and requires no financial payments to MEST. This is a full-time program that requires you to be available to attend all classes and sessions.
- Applicant must have a degree from a university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred);
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development;
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results;
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year;
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company;
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively;
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Confident and independent thinking;
- Excellent people skills.
The application process:
- Complete Pre-learning courses
- Take an aptitude test
- Fill and submit the MEST Training Program application form
- Interviews with the recruitment team
For more information, visit MestAfrica.