Deadline: March 10, 2022
Applications for the YALI Cameroon Peace Advocacy Award 2022 are now open. The Mandela Washington Fellows Cameroon and its honourable partner, the US Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon is pleased to launch the Mr and Miss YALI Peace Contest to identify, honour and celebrate young people within Cameroon who have overcome fear and threats to lead peacebuilding initiatives within their Communities and Cameroon in general.
The purpose of this YALI Peace Award is to Promote Peace Building and Amplifying Youth Advocacy in Combating Hate Speech and Youth Violence in the Republic of Cameroon. Winners will be invited and awarded during a Grand National YALI Peace Symposium in Yaounde in May 2022.
- You will be crowned Mr or Miss YALI Peace in front of the Delegation from the US Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon, Government Delegates, Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni, and Civil Society Leaders and viewed by over 10,000 audience both online and present at the Grand National YALI Peace Symposium in Yaounde in May 2022.
- An Award Toolkit to support your peace project/initiative.
- Open to both males and females.
- Applicant must have an already ongoing peacebuilding project or initiative with substantial evidence to demonstrate your peacebuilding impact.
- Must be a Cameroonian Citizen living in Cameroon for the past 5 years
- Must be between 18-35 years old.
- Phase 1: Applicants will be shortlisted by team of expert from a poll of applications received
- Phase 2: Shortlisted applicants will be put forth for the public to vote for the best peacebuilder
- Phase 3: Finalist selected and invited for the Mr and Miss YALI Peace Award during a Grand National YALI Peace Symposium in Yaounde in May 2022
For more information, visit YALI.