UNESCO-APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED 2022
Deadline: April 3, 2022
Applications are open for the UNESCO-APCEIU 8th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED 2022. In 2022, Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) holds its 8th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED, inviting young educators and education activists advocating global citizenship through education.
Held annually since 2015, the Workshop has trained over 350 young leaders around the world in various focus areas, including critical media literacy, human rights, advocacy and youth empowerment, under the main theme of Global Citizenship Education (GCED).
This year, the Workshop aims to provide a venue for young education advocates for knowledge & experience sharing on innovative approaches to GCED in the changing learning environment. In the Workshop, participants are expected to bring their own experiences on fostering global citizenship in digital learning environment or challenging situations and seek effective and innovative ways to bolster such efforts.
Together with APCEIU, GCED Youth Network will co-organize the Workshop, and international experts and resource persons on GCED will share their expertise with the participants throughout the Workshop. And most importantly, each participant is required to bring their own experience and wisdom to share!
- Intensive & interactive 2-week Online workshop with experts;
- Networking with youth leaders around the world;
- Invitation to APCEIU’s international youth & educators’ network;
- Win a mentorship and grant opportunity!
- Be born between 1994 and 2003;
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries;
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities;
- Completion of the e-learning course titled “GCED for Youth” on GCED Online Campus before the application deadline. Course Certificate must be attached in the application;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Application must be submitted by April 3, 2022. Notification of selection will be sent by April 11, 2022 by email. All selected participants must register by April 14, 2022.
For more information, visit 8th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED.