USAID YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation Youth Advisory Group – Call for Applications
Deadline: March 17, 2022
Apply to join the YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE) Youth Advisory Group. The YP2LE seeks applications from motivated and active young leaders with interest and experience in strengthening youth engagement in programs and research to join its next Youth Advisory Group (YAG).
YP2LE is a USAID-funded activity focused on building and disseminating evidence on Positive Youth Development. A goal of YP2LE is to give youth program implementers, researchers, and young changemakers the information, tools, and resources they need to develop high-quality, impactful, and sustainable youth programs.
Objectives of the Youth Advisory Group
The YP2LE YAG is comprised of five (5) young leaders who play a vital role in supporting the project’s cross-cutting youth engagement priorities and related activities by bringing their perspectives and expertise to the project. Specific activities where YAG members will be engaged include:
- Providing advice on cross-cutting youth inclusion and engagement for YP2LE: The YAG will advise on key questions, challenges, and approaches to youth inclusion and engagement across YP2LE and its activities. This includes contributing to research, with an emphasis on youth-led research; advising on youth engagement in YP2LE learning and mentorship activities; and contributing to building stronger protocols and processes for youth engagement in YP2LE events, policy-level consultations, youth councils, and with USAID country Missions.
- Advising and supporting youth engagement knowledge and capacity building for USAID staff: YAG members will advise on and support the implementation of a training series designed to help build the skills of adults, specifically USAID staff, to engage more effectively and inclusively with young people. The YAG will provide input and recommendations for the design and approach of this training series and serve as training co-facilitators.
- Advising on YouthLead content and outreach to youth members: A goal of YouthLead.org is to include resources and content that support the needs and priorities of youth across its more than 13,000+ global member network. These resources need to be accessible and relevant to young people, particularly in less represented regions (i.e., LAC, Asia, MENA, Eastern Europe). YAG members will advise YP2LE on how YP2LE communicates what resources, services, and opportunities are available to youth in different regions and languages.
- Engaging in YP2LE events: Members may also be invited to represent the YAG in key YP2LE events.
- YP2LE will pay YAG members directly at an hourly rate of US$15.00 for up to 16 hours per calendar month. YAG members must complete a monthly timesheet and invoice, provided with instructions by the YP2LE team.
- Applicant should be aged between 18 and 30 years old as of 1 January 2022.
- Be an active member of a local, regional, or global youth-led or youth-serving group, organization or network that is focused on addressing development challenges.
- Has interest, knowledge of, or demonstrated experience with approaches and strategies for engaging and promoting more inclusive youth participation in decision-making spaces.
- Has a good command of written and spoken English.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoys working collaboratively with others from different backgrounds and experiences.
- Is comfortable working online (in Google, WhatsApp, Zoom or other online working and meeting platforms).
The ideal candidates are:
- Seeking an opportunity to grow their knowledge and experience with USAID youth programs and policies, including Positive Youth Development.
- Interested in advocating for the inclusive representation of young people in decision making and leadership.
- Motivated, creative, and enjoys problem solving.
- Interested in the topic of mentorship to support young people’s professional pathways.
Youth Advisory Group Commitments
As members of the YAG you commit to the following activities for an 18-month period:
- Become a member of YouthLead.org and be familiar with the platform, its resources and member network.
- Participate (virtually) in the YAG Kick-Off Meeting, anticipated in May 2022.
- Participate in YAG bi-monthly (every two months) meetings starting June 2022.
- Be responsive to outreach and communication from the YP2LE team.
- Be an active and regularly contributing YAG member, ready to offer strategic advice and inputs where requested, and able to work effectively with fellow YAG members.
- Represent YP2LE as a member of the YAG.
YAG members will work remotely (online) for a period of 18 months from May 2022 through October 2023 as a consultant to Making Cents International, the prime contractor for YP2LE. Members are expected to communicate regularly (i.e., weekly or bi-weekly depending on activities) through email or other online collaboration platforms with the YP2LE team between YAG bi-monthly member meetings.
For more information, visit USAID YouthPower2.