Deadline: March 25, 2022
Applications are open for the European Development Days (EDD) Young Leaders Program 2022. The EDD offer a unique opportunity for young people from all over the world with strong expertise and commitment to positive social change to share their views, influence decision-makers and stakeholders and further develop leadership skills.
In accordance with the regulation in place in June 2022, they will invite those selected as EDD Young Leaders to participate in the High-Level Panels in Brussels.
This year’s EDD will focus on “Global Gateway: building sustainable partnerships for a connected world.” Global Gateway is the new European Strategy to boost smart, clean and secure links in digital, energy and transport and strengthen health, education and research systems across the world. The discussions will be organised into five main themes and their related topics.
- Digital: Inclusive and green digital growth | Open and secure internet | Digital and data economies
- Climate and energy: Green and just energy transition | Integrating energy markets
- Transport: Infrastructure connectivity | Green and safe mobility | Urban development, smart and inter-connected cities.
- Health: Security of supply chains and development of local manufacturing
- Education and research: Science, Technology, Innovation and Research | Quality education
- The selected Young Leaders will be invited to speak in High Level Panels at EDD 2022, alongside VIPs and key decision-makers. Though this experience is rewarding, as it gives youth participants a voice as high-level speakers, the allocated time for speaking on the panel can be limited. Thus, they encourage Young Leaders who come to EDD 2022 to participate in other sessions too, including Lab Debates or Brainstorming Sessions, where they will be given more space to express their opinions and share their experiences.
- Applicant must be between 21 and 26 years old on 14-15 June 2022;
- They may be from anywhere around the world.
How to submit your proposal/application for the EDD 2022 program:
- STEP 1: Create a profile.
- STEP 2: Log into your EDD account.
- STEP 3: Submit a proposal for a session, a stand or an exhibition/performance and apply for the Young Leaders Program.
For more information, visit EDD 2022.