African German Young Leaders in Business Program 2022 (Funded)
Deadline: March 27, 2022
Applications for the African German Young Leaders in Business Program 2022 are now open. AGYLE builds a bridge between young African and German leaders and establishes a sustainable business network. A jury selects forty participants from Germany and African countries. All young leaders will be invited to a (digital) week and an innovative face-to-face event in Berlin later in 2022.
AGYLE’s theme for 2022 is Green innovation – young leaders tackling climate change.
Encompassing business, society and politics, climate change is one of the most pressing challenges of our time. Today, young business leaders in particular have the responsibility and the opportunity to actively contribute to addressing climate change and shaping a future worth living in – be it by developing innovative solutions and green technologies in key industries or by being young leaders who embrace responsibility and sustainability in thought and deed.
- AGYLE-Week and Business Networking: Selected young leaders are invited to join the digital AGYLE week, which will focus on interdisciplinary exchange and networking, professional motivation and cross-border cooperation to develop innovative business models. In addition, all participants will be introduced to an exclusive digital business network. If the pandemic situation allows, all young leaders will be invited to Berlin in the autumn of 2022 to get to know each other personally and to strengthen the network.
- Virtual Design Thinking Lab: The heart of the program is a virtual design thinking lab, in which mixed teams develop and refine selected ideas and business models. A jury will award a prize for the most innovative and promising idea at the final event. The week will be rounded off by discussion rounds, keynote speeches, bar camps, company tours and cultural activities.
- Exclusive access to an international business network and new, long-term corporate contacts and business relationships
- Development of innovative ideas and new business models
- Professional and interdisciplinary collaboration at eye-level with experts, mentors, participants
- Exchange of experience with other young leaders from participating countries
- Positioning as a representative of the home country
- Support in international positioning as a young leader and promotion of career development
- Cultural insights into the participating countries
You are eligible if you are a young leader
- up to 40 years of age;
- from the fields of business, politics, media or civil society;
- from Germany, Ethiopia, Ghana, Rwanda, Tunisia;
- who has already taken on professional leadership responsibility;
- who is socially engaged in addition to her/his professional activities;
- who is interested in African-German topics – previous experience, already existing cooperations or projects in Africa are not necessary;
- who is willing to actively participate in the Young Leaders Alumni network.
In addition to a letter of motivation, a letter of recommendation and a CV, participants must also submit a short personal video statement. A jury will review all submitted documents after the official application deadline.
For more information, visit AGYLE.