Deadline: March 31, 2022
Applications are open for the UNESCO Clubs Worldwide Youth Multimedia Competition 2022. USFUCA, UNESCO Center for Peace, World Genesis Foundation, and WhizJuniors invite youth around the world to take part in this year’s Multimedia Competition.
Unparalleled connectivity put youth in one of the greatest positions to bring much needed change to the world. UNESCO’s mission is to mobilize the optimism of youth to respond to an acute world problem to serve others now. Last year, motivated participants from over 81 countries submitted over 5000 projects in this highly rewarding contest.
The SDGs 2020 Report makes clear, the world is not on track to achieve the goals by 2030. Even before the COVID-19 outbreak, progress had been slow. Six years after the approval of the 2030 Agenda, the average of the SDG Index in the region shows modest advances in the goals set.
How is your region fairing when it comes to SDGs to date? From your perspective, in your country, what is an issue that is hindering the success of ONE of the SDGs goals? What would be a real solution you could develop for your community/country to help ensure success by 2030. Make sure you tell them what SDG goal you are focusing on.
- The three finalists in each age group will receive an official plaque engraved with their name and a certificate.
- They will have an invitation to UNESCO’s Builders of the Universe Camp held at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland, USA. The invitation will include a scholarship for the fee for the camp, food, accommodations, and transport to and from the airport. Airfare is not included. There will be a special ceremony held for contest winners at the camp. In addition, the top 9 winners will be recognized and showcased in global events during the year. This is a tremendous opportunity for youth to build leadership skills, learn how the United Nations conducts itself, and meet youth from around the world. Winners will be publicized on USFUCA and UNESCO websites.
- WhizJuniors will sponsor a one-year online subscription to all the participants for to get access to a 125+ tech courses, solve MCQS, complete practical and submit projects.
- Applicants may be from any country in the world;
- Applicants have to be within the age range:
- Juniors – ages 10-14;
- Youth – ages 15-19;
- Young Adult – ages 20-24
- Submissions should be submitted by one participant.
Make sure your entry follows the submission guidelines prior to submitting:
- The work has to be relevant to the question.
- Your work must be original.
- All participants need to fill out the Submission Form.
- Please make sure your essay satisfies the following formatting criteria:
- 12 point Times New Roman
- 1 inch margins all around
- 500-700 words in English in MLA format.
- Videos must be 3-minutes maximum.
- Images of 3-dimensional art will be accepted. You must complete the 100 word explanation of your work on the Submission Form.
- 1 entry per person
The final deadline is March 31, 2022. Judging will take place and final winners will be announced May 30, 2022.
For more information, visit Youth Multimedia Competition.