Deadline: May 9, 2022
Are you from Romania and are you interested in master’s study or research in the United States? Apply now for the Fulbright Romania Student Award Competition 2023-2024 for Masters Study in the U.S.
Applicants can be Romanian BA or MA graduates or PhD students from accredited public and private universities. BA students are also invited to apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study. The duration for the program is one academic year (9 months, starting August 2023).
- The Fulbright Student Award provides: international travel, tuition and university fees within established budget limits, books and supplies allowance, accident/sickness insurance and a living stipend for one academic year.
- Second-year costs for the Romanian Fulbright master’s students may be covered depending on funds availability as well as on proof of good academic standing during the first year of study.
- Applicants must have Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree (BA students may apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study);
- Have English proficiency;
- If applying in law, applicants must hold a degree in that field.
Each applicant will be required to submit:
- A complete online application;
- Three letters of recommendation from university professors and/or other acknowledged Romanian or foreign professionals, submitted directly in the online application by referees or mailed as signed official paper copies (by May 9, 2022, postmarked); the letters of recommendation are also accepted via email ([email protected]) if they are sent directly by the recommenders as scanned signed documents by May 9, 2022;
- Academic transcripts and diplomas for all undergraduate and graduate levels, accompanied by translations, scanned and uploaded to the online application by May 9, 2022; official paper transcripts should be sent at a later date, only by those who are selected for interview; high-school transcripts and diplomas are not required.
For more information, visit Fulbright Romania.