U.S. Embassy in Lithuania Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program 2022-2023 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Applications for the U.S. Embassy in Lithuania Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program 2022-2023 are now open. The Fulbright TEA will focus on developing media literacy skills for secondary teachers.
The program will bring approximately 44 secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week program in January or September 2023. The timing of the program is subject to change, depending on conditions in the host communities.
Topics of seminars include recognizing bias/propaganda, stereotypes, and misinformation; strategies for improving students’ critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills; how media literacy promotes civic engagement/ the role of media in society; fostering cyber safety and digital citizenship in the classroom; and technology training.
The program will also include a practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher of English, social studies, history, civics, communications, or journalism in a U.S. secondary school near the host university to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided to participants throughout the program.
The TEA fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J‐1 visa support
- A pre‐departure orientation held in participant’s home country
- Round‐trip airfare to and within the U.S
- A Welcome Orientation in Washington, D.C.
- Academic program fees
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals
- Accident and sickness medical insurance coverage
- Transportation to the teaching practicum school (if necessary)
- A daily allowance for meals and incidentals during the academic program
- A book/professional development allowance
- A baggage/shipping allowance (domestic and international)
- A Closing Workshop in Washington, D.C.
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, Lithuanian language and literature, social studies, civics, history, math or science are eligible for the program.
- Applicants must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent;
- Have completed at least five years of full-time teaching by the start of the program, and have experience or demonstrated interest in the field of 21st century media literacy.
- Secondary-level teachers include both middle and high school teachers serving students between 12 and 18 years of age;
- The most competitive applicants will have shown evidence of leadership in their schools or districts.
Complete your online applications by March 31, 2022. All your questions should be addressed to Rasa Baukuvienė at [email protected]
For more information, visit Fulbright TEA.