Deadline: April 8, 2022
Proposals are invited for the EmPower Her to Advance Women Energy Entrepreneurs 2022. EmPower Her call for proposals aims to advance women energy entrepreneurs in developing markets and help them close the financing gap for early-stage, ensuring that they can quickly replicate and eventually scale their efforts on the ground.
Under this call for proposals, the Climate Investment Platform (CIP) will support proposals by (majority) women-led organizations or organizations whose primary focus is women’s empowerment. The projects should directly enhance the productivity of demand-side renewable energy users or provide a combination of value-addition and renewable energy generation in a single tool.
- The selected projects will receive up to $40,000 to accelerate investment readiness preparation, such as business planning, feasibility testing, legal and technical requirement, and then support subsequent investor outreach.
Applicants from countries that are LDCs who fall within one of the 3 categories can apply:
- Private sector developers
- Universities and research centers
The best candidates will be able to submit projects proposals that:
- Demonstrable influence on increased productivity for women-owned businesses, women household entrepreneurs, or other employment transition and/or energy access for women
- Operate to be financially self-sustaining
- Have potential for scale-up and replicability
Complete the form to submit your project idea for the EmPower Her Call for Proposals pre-screening. Respond to all questions. Applications that meet the pre-screening criteria will be sent an invitation to apply.
For more information, visit EmPower Her.