JAMII Femmes Programme 2022 for African Women Entrepreneurs (Grants up to $10,000 for each country)
Deadline: May 31, 2022
The call for applications for the JAMII Femmes programme is open in Nigeria. The JAMII Femmes initiative aims to increase the impact of African women entrepreneurs on the African economy and support the creation of innovative solutions for sustainable development that will contribute to positive change in Africa by improving the quality of life of tens of thousands of people.
Now in its first year, the programme by Women In Africa( WIA) supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation, aims to support and economically empower women entrepreneurs with innovative solutions for sustainable development based in Nigeria.
7,000 women entrepreneurs will be selected to take part in an online training programme, networking with experts and local bootcamps. The online training sessions will be conducted by WIA’s knowledge partner and Africa’s first and largest network of private higher education institutions, Honoris United Universities. They will equip women to take a principled approach to design creative ideas, and gain knowledge on leadership and managerial skills. Therefore they will be key players in the quality of life of their communities improvement.
About the programme
For this first year, the Coca-Cola Foundation and Women In Africa are offering a multi-phase programme to 7,000 women from three countries.
The first phase is a 4-month digital training phase, conducted by WIA’s partner, Honoris United Universities, Africa’s first and largest network of private higher education institutions, which will enable them to develop skills in:
- behavioural intelligence,
- critical thinking,
- creativity and design thinking,
- communication, collaboration,
In the second phase, selected beneficiaries will have access to grants.
Finally, in the third phase, selected beneficiaries will be able to participate in an accelerator programme, after which a special prize of USD 10,000 will be awarded per country.
- From the pool of 7000 women, close to 600 entrepreneurs will receive grants to support their business development and increase their impact on communities.
- In January 2023, 70 selected beneficiaries will benefit from a 2-week accelerator programme. They will receive a comprehensive support package as well as mentoring sessions with experts.
- At the end of the programme, one laureate from each country will receive a $10,000 prize to support their project.
- Women over 18 years old
- Nationals * or residents of Nigeria, Kenya or Ivory Coast
- Mainly in the Agriculture sector and/or in relation to the sustainable development objectives defined by UNESCO
- *Please note that the applicant’s business or project must have a direct impact on the African continent.
- The candidate must be able to be present in the country of selection if she is selected for the acceleration phase, in case she does not reside there.
For more information, visit JAMII Femmes Programme.