Active Citizenship Award 2022 for Young Africans
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Nominations are open for the Active Citizenship Award 2022 for Young Africans. Noble Missions is looking for young Africans between the ages of 15 and 35 in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia and The Gambia to recognize as their next Active Citizenship Awardees.
The Active Citizenship Award is an annual recognition of young Africans (between the ages of 15 and 35) living in Africa, who go beyond their civic duties to uphold democracy, improve access to basic amenities, realize the SDGs or improve the quality of life in their communities/countries in Africa. The award seeks to encourage young people to regularly take action that contributes to upholding democracy and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This year’s award categories are:
- Gender Equality
- Climate Action and Environmental Justice
- peace, Justice and Security
- Active Citizenship in Ghana Award
- Active Citizenship in Kenya Award
- Active Citizenship in Liberia Award
- Active Citizenship in The Gambia Award
- All Finalists and winners for each category will receive a recognition certificate. The finalists will also feature in the ‘Active Citizens Hall of Fame’.
- Applicant must be an African living and working in any of the following African countries: Nigeria, Gambia, Liberia, Ghana and Kenya.
- Must not be below 15 years or above 35 years of age.
- Your work can be related to any of the following: Education, Health, Climate action, Gender equality, Peace and Justice, and Democracy.
- Someone can recommend you, but you must submit the nomination yourself.
- Past finalists are not eligible to re-apply.
For more information, visit Active Citizenship Award.