Deadline: May 1, 2022
Applications are open for the CINTAS Foundation Fellowship in Creative Writing 2022. Since 1963, the CINTAS Foundation has awarded over 81 fellowships in creative writing.
In addition to supporting Cuban artists, many early in their careers, the CINTAS Foundation also maintains a growing collection of works by past awardees and other esteemed Cuban artists. For the purpose of historical value and documentation, award recipients are encouraged to submit creative writings sample, signed book, or other such representative samples of their work to be added to the CINTAS Fellows Collection after the grant period.
- The fellowship comes with an award of $20,000.
- Open to creative artists of Cuban citizenship or direct lineage (having a Cuban parent or grandparent).
- Performing artists are not eligible to apply for CINTAS Fellowships.
- CINTAS Fellowships can only be awarded a maximum of 2 times to an individual.
Download the following materials:
The full application must be submitted. The application must be completed in English or Spanish. Please complete all sections of the application.
- Prepare two narrative statements: The Artist’s Statement describes your personal history, your development as an artist, and your plans for the future. The Project Statement describes the project or activity that you would undertake if awarded a CINTAS Fellowship. Please include a timeline for the project, and identify other sources, where appropriate, of funding for the project.
- Candidates must submit two letters of recommendation with the application. Letters may be submitted separately, if necessary, but must be received by the application deadline. Each letter of recommendation must be submitted as a PDF attached to an email, with the recommender’s signature and written in English or Spanish. Hard copies of the signed letter are also acceptable.
- All material should be submitted to the CINTAS Fellowship Selection Program by the application deadline. Candidates are encouraged to send their materials electronically to the email address below or ship portfolios by express mail if necessary. Acceptable methods include links to sound files and PDFs of scores, Dropbox, Hightail, or flash drive. Materials must be accompanied by the Work Sample Form. Pieces should be carefully itemized on this form. Limit the submission to 10 (ten) samples.
Send material to: [email protected] (PREFERRED) or
8724 Sunset Drive,
Miami, FL 33173
For more information, visit CINTAS Foundation Fellowship.