Black Founders Build with Alexa Program 2022 (up to $100,000)
Deadline: April 24, 2022
Amazon Alexa Fund and Alexa Startups are excited to open the application round for Black Founders Build with Alexa 2022. This is a remote four-month program for a cohort of up to 10 Black-founded startups located in North America that demonstrate readiness and ability to deliver novel Alexa integration within the program duration.
Each company selected for the program will have an opportunity to receive investment from the Alexa Fund and individualized technology support from the Alexa Startups Solution Architect and Business Development teams. Founders will receive invitations to speak at events, participate in panel discussions and demo showcases.
- Every company selected for the program will have an opportunity to receive up to a $100,000 investment from the Alexa Fund, in the form of a Simple Agreement for Future Equity (SAFE).
- Throughout the program, selected startups’ technical teams will engage with Alexa technical experts and Solution Architects, who will help advise on technical aspects of Alexa skill and AVS integrations.
- Your company has at least 1 C-Level Co-Founder who identifies as Black;
- Your company is headquartered in North America;
- Your company has previously raised at least $250K in funding;
- You have resources and commitment to build proposed Alexa skill/AVS integration within outlined program timeline.
They will evaluate each startup application on the following criteria:
- Value proposition of the novel Alexa skill/AVS integration and clarity of customer pain point it is addressing
- Progress and business traction (revenue/customer/user growth KPIs or metrics)
- Resources and commitment to build Alexa skill/AVS integration within outlined program timeline
- Competitive differentiation
- Sizeable category with underlying growth
- At least $250K in funding (venture capital, friends and family, angel investors, grants, etc.)
- Ability to provide due diligence documentation during application, short listing and final selection steps
- Commitment to participate in all elements of the program
- Company is headquartered in North America
- At least 1 C-Level Co-Founder who identifies as Black
If you are interested in this program, complete your two-step application by 5:00 PM PT on April 24, 2022.
Complete a short form. Once the form is submitted, check your email and fill out the survey that you will receive including a brief proposal of the Alexa skill or AVS integration you want to work on. If you are selected to the next round, you will receive an invitation for an interview with Alexa Startups Business Development and Solution Architect teams.
For more information, visit Black Founders Build with Alexa.