World Youth Alliance (WYA) Certified Training Program 2022
Applications are open for the World Youth Alliance (WYA) Certified Training Program 2022. WYA’s Certified Training Program (CTP), formerly known as Track A, is the collection of texts that provide the philosophical underpinnings for the mission of WYA.
It presents a summary of philosophical, historical, and modern day texts that focus on the dignity of the person and human rights. Those who complete the CTP are equipped to articulate and defend the principles of the dignity of the person within the public square. The program is free and is open to all members of the World Youth Alliance. It is a pre-requisite for participation in many of the programs of WYA (internships, specialized conferences, advocacy work).
In order to obtain certification, members must read all of the CTP articles and satisfactorily answer the questions for each chapter. Training can be done through the regional internship program or online, where readings are accessed and answers are submitted through a web-based training zone and reviewed by the Director of Operations for the member’s region.
Once all answers have been submitted and approved, the newly trained member will be invited to an accreditation interview with the regional staff, which may be conducted face-to-face, or via Skype. The Asia Pacific region also holds an annual summer camp where participants attend a week long intensive CTP and culminate with an accreditation session.
Upon successful completion of the accreditation interview, the member will be issued a certificate recognizing their accomplishment and officially designating them as a “Certified Trained Member.”
Completing the CTP and obtaining certification will:
- Equip you to communicate articulately and persuasively on behalf of the dignity of the human person
- Provide you with a vocabulary to engage the international community and larger culture on issues relating to the dignity of the person, human rights, and integral development
- Make you eligible to speak on behalf of WYA and participate fully in WYA activities. Some of these opportunities include:
- Apply for an international internship,
- Start a WYA chapter or club,
- Start and lead a CTP group in your local area,
- Participate in the annual International Solidarity Forum
- Represent WYA in local and international events
- Applicants must be between the age of 10 to 30 years old;
- Proficient in English;
- Access to Internet connection;
- Must be a WYA member.
Fill out the application form of your respective region. You will receive e-mail notification once your application has been received. If you have any questions, feel free to email your regional office.
For ore information, visit World Youth Alliance.