Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) Advanced Leadership Program 2022
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Applications are open for the CALA Advanced Leadership Program 2022. The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) Advanced Leadership Program is a collaborative, hands-on, and tailored experience for senior and rising leaders in Africa’s agriculture sector.
Designed for individuals spearheading and directly implementing specific country-level agriculture initiatives, the program is initially open to participants from eight countries.
Africa’s food security challenges require results-oriented leaders in government, the private sector and civil society who are responsive, adaptable, and able to lead collaboration, mobilize real change, and ensure delivery of country priorities. At the country-level, for a leader and champion in food security and agriculture to remain relevant and effective, professionals must be ready to lead change and deliver on their priorities with practical tools and strategies.
The 16-month leadership program for experienced professionals will include a unique learning approach to developing participants’ leadership, collaboration and management skills, through the following experiences:
- Virtual and in-person (when possible) learning events to hone leadership skills for delivery
- Action Learning Projects connected directly to the participants’ job objectives and country transformation objectives
- On-the-job and in-country coaching
- Regular peer accountability sessions
- Participation in bi-annual leadership forums
- Participation in the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- Exposure to case studies of ‘Game-changers’ in African agriculture
- Virtual and in-person peer-learning and networking with cohorts of participants from across the continent.
- Graduates of the program will receive a certificate in Advanced Leadership Program for Africa’s Food Security & Sustainability;
- Be recognized as delivery champions across AGRA’s prestigious continental platforms and events, including at the national level;
- Join an esteemed network of transformative leaders providing peer support for continuous achievement of country priorities.
- Participants’ fees are fully sponsored through support provided to AGRA by the German Development Cooperation through KfW Development Bank. This will include travel costs for all Leadership Forums and graduation events from 2022.
- Participants are expected to meet their own costs of internet access, as the leadership forum will be virtual in compliance with COVID-19 restrictions. Note, attendance fees for AGRF will be fully self-sponsored (or supported by your institution) and CALA does not provide for per diems for attendance.
Leaders implementing country-level agriculture efforts:
- Established or emerging leaders working in government, private firms and associations, or civil society organizations who are responsible for driving agriculture flagships and priority programs.
- Must be actively employed or working in government (public sector), private sector and civil society (associations or civil society organizations).
- 2 initial cohorts will be formed from participants from the following countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Register for an account on SurveyMonkey – This is a required step and will allow you to save and submit your application and monitor the status of the application.
- Verify your email – check your email for a message from SurveyMonkey Apply to verify your email address with the system.
- Log in to the platform to begin your application – When logging in you can reset your password if you’ve forgotten it or register for an account by clicking “Register” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Complete and submit your application – You can always save your application and return to it at any time.
For more information, visit CALA Program.