Apply to join the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council 2022
Deadline: May 2, 2022
Apply to join the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council 2022. EarthEcho was founded on the belief that young people have the power to change the world. You are invited to join the Youth Leadership Council!
The Youth Leadership Council is a team of young environmental leaders, selected annually through a competitive application process, who play a key role leading EarthEcho’s education programs while developing and implementing campaigns to mobilize young people worldwide to protect our ocean planet.
Through this unique experience, you will grow as an environmental leader, gain an understanding of the operations of an international non-profit organization as you shape EarthEcho International’s work and mission, and build connections with your peers and EarthEcho partners working around the world to ensure a sustainable future.
- Be between the ages of 15-22 at the time of application;
- Demonstrate a passion for environmental conservation and youth leadership;
- Have experience working collaboratively with a team of youth and adults;
- Have a desire to support EarthEcho International’s work and provide a youth perspective to the development of EarthEcho’s programs;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
The 2022 YLC Application is open to young conservation leaders from around the world through May 2, 2022 at 11:59pm EDT!
When completing your application, you will be asked to respond to the following essay questions (maximum of 250 words per answer). It is recommended that you draft your answers to these questions prior to starting the online application form.
- Why do you want to serve as an EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council Member?
- What unique skills and experiences will you bring to the Youth Leadership Council and how will these support the work of EarthEcho International?
- Why is teamwork important? Describe a time where you worked as a team member or organized a team to accomplish a goal or overcome an obstacle.
- What is an environmental issue you are passionate about and why? You have the option to submit your response to Question 4 in a video response. You may choose to write the essay or submit a video response but not both. The video response cannot exceed 3 minutes.
For more information, visit EarthEcho.