Deadline: June 5, 2022
Applications are open for the Technovators for Social Good Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2022. One Young World has entered the world of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) to fund scholarships for young women working in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
In collaboration with the critically acclaimed NFT artist and One Young World Ambassador Soy Fira, One Young World launched the first-ever NFT campaign to create and sell a unique series of NFT artworks, the proceeds of which will fund a young leader from across the globe to attend the upcoming One Young World 2022 Summit in Manchester, United Kingdom. This sponsored young leader will participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking, and workshops.
Soy Fira is a Colombian civil engineer and creator of NFT art. She is also co-founder of the largest NFT telegram group in Latin America that convenes more than 1,500 artists and collectors. She has collaborated with Vogue creating paintings for International Women’s Day and one of her pieces has flown into space with Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.
Through this collaboration and campaign she aims to support women in STEM and close the gender gap in this sector. As an engineer by training and artist by profession Soy Fira seeks to connect and build bridges between people using technology.
The scholarship provides:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 5 and 8 (inclusive) September, 2022;
- The cost of travel to and from Manchester (economy class);
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take the international flight (economy class).
- Visa costs, if applicable;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Translation services from English to Spanish in the plenary sessions, welcome and closing event
Candidates must be:
- Be a woman aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place in Manchester from 5 – 8 September 2022.
- Leading innovative and impactful initiatives to promote access and opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) for women.
Candidates will also be evaluated on the following:
- Demonstrate commitment and potential benefits for the communities or territories to which they belong.
- Relevance of the initiatives to which he/she leads or he/she participates.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Address key local and/or global issues in their community or territories.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.
Application deadline is June 5, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Technovators for Social Good Scholarship.