Gender Justice Beyond Borders Migrant Youth Leadership Program (MLYP) 2022
Deadline: June 1, 2022
Applications are open for the Gender Justice Beyond Borders Migrant Youth Leadership Program (MLYP) 2022. The MLYP trains migrant youth (18-30 years) for collective action at the intersection of migration and gender.
In 2022, the MYLP focuses on migrant domestic workers (MDWs) in Europe within the framework of the International Labor Organization (ILO) Convention C190 on harassment and violence in the world of work.
The MYLP is featured as a youth-led solution for education by the United Nations Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth and as a replicable practice “to inspire those working to implement the Global Compact for Migration from global, national, regional and local levels” by the United Nations Network on Migration.
The six-month program consists of three components (June – December 2022)
- Education: Online Course (6 sessions)
- Research: Workshop Series (4 sessions)
- Advocacy: Campaign Curation “16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence” (8 sessions)
- Fellows will receive a stipend to support their engagement in the program.
- Open to migrant youth (18-30 years) from across Europe;
- The program will be held in English and combines online and in-person participation (conditional to COVID-19 restrictions).
To apply, submit your resume and a statement of interest (1 page) to [email protected] by June 1, 2022. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. They look forward to hearing from you!
For more information, visit MLYP.