Deadline: June 6, 2022
Applications are open for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Idea Lab 2022 for Budding Social Entrepreneurs. The ISHOW hardware accelerator began as an idea almost a decade ago and has since aided and advanced positive social impact around the world.
Now, they move upstream with the Idea Lab incubator to aid budding social entrepreneurs in developing and building on their own impactful ideas, filling the pipeline for future ISHOW accelerator innovators, while opening pathways to new partnerships and geographies. Candidates invited into Idea Lab will engage in 6-18 months of incubation, mentorship, and training depending on their technical background, stage of development, and needs moving forward.
- Idea Lab is designed to help you navigate the challenges of product design/development and provide mentorship, tools, and guidance you will need to build a first iteration prototype.
- Candidates will have access to a tailored curriculum that will expose you to the principles of sustainable and human-centered design practices.
- Open to entrepreneurs, academics, engineers, designers, hobbyists, makers, and dreamers;
- Teams and/or individuals can apply if they have an pre-idea/idea/concept they would like to develop into a hardware-led social innovation with intent to scale;
- Candidate(s) should have passion for solving urgent challenges;
- Have innovative mindset;
- Willingness to engage with mentors;
- High proficiency in English;
- Commitment to entrepreneurship and starting a social venture/enterprise, and
- A willingness to learn.
Applications are open April 22 – June 6, 2022. Selected candidates will be announced in July/August 2022 timeframe.
For more information, visit ASME Lab.