Atlanta GLOW Young Women Leadership Program 2022 [U.S. Only]
Deadline: June 10, 2022
Applications for the Atlanta GLOW Young Women Leadership Program 2022 are now open. The Atlanta GLOW Young Women Leadership Program is for young women and girls who want to learn more about themselves while building their confidence and competency around concepts such as civic responsibility, leadership development and social change.
Promoting sisterhood, community and an interest in social impact, the 2022 workshops include topics such as democracy and voting rights, community action, and grassroots organizing with program instruction that incorporates interactive lessons with the entire class as well as smaller mentor-led group activities. By the end of the program, participants are charged with creating a project, whether through art, literature or technology, teaching their peers about a cause or social issue that matters to them.
- Atlanta GLOW utilizes an earn and learn incentive program to reward participants for goal achievement and successful program completion.
- Participants earn a cash incentive for each curriculum component they successfully complete (e.g., training and mentoring sessions), allowing them to supplement their income and/or build assets as they make learning, development and personal growth a priority.
- They can also earn bonus dollars by completing volunteer projects or community service activities.
- All incentives are distributed to participants upon successful program completion.
To participate in the programs, individuals must:
- Be between the ages of 14-25;
- Obtain parental consent for participation (applicable for ages 14-17);
- At minimum, be a HS or GED student or graduate;
- Reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area;
- Have a low- to moderate- household income;
- Be highly motivated to learn new skills;
- Commit to the program attendance policy;
- Communicate regularly with program staff/volunteers;
- Abide by all program policies and procedures.
This is a 4-week program hosted on Saturdays (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) from June 18 – July 16, 2022.
To apply and enroll in any of the programs, individuals must complete the following steps within 30 days of the program start date:
- Fill out the Program Application
For the life skills and mentoring programs, the following steps are additional:
- Complete an Online Orientation and Completion Quiz
- Take the Casey Life Skills Assessment (CLSA)
- Review CLSA results virtually or by phone with program staff
For more information, visit Atlanta GLOW.