Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Kenya Program 2022
Deadline: May 24, 2022
Applications are open for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Kenya 2022 Program, a joint program of the U.S. Embassy in Kenya and Ushindi Empowerment as the project implementers to empower women in Kenya to fulfil their economic potential. The objective of the Program is to engage 120 female entrepreneurs aged 25-45 From Mombasa, Lamu, Nakuru and Nairobi.
AWE is an award-winning training and coaching platform specifically designed for women micro-business owners. It gives enterprising women the knowledge, networks, and access they need to launch and scale successful businesses. In Kenya, AWE program is equipping women with practical skills needed to create sustainable skills to create sustainable businesses. It seeks to promote economic prosperity by creating opportunities for women with brilliant ideas to become successful entrepreneurs.
The AWE training will take place over a period of 3 months of guided formal training through the DreamBuilder platform and 3 months of mentorship and business linkages culminating in a graduation, business planning competition and exhibition to allow the participants to celebrate their hard work. The participants will also gain access to seed capital (specific to winners of the pitching competition) as well as access to key strategic partners.
- The AWE training will take place over a period of 3 months of guided formal training through the Dream Builder platform and 3 months of mentorship and business linkages culminating in graduation, business planning competition and exhibition to allow the participants to celebrate their hard work.
- The participants will also gain access to seed capital (specific to winners of the pitching competition) as well as access to key strategic partners.
- Participants will increase their knowledge and understanding of business, marketing, finance and operations.
- They will also have safe spaces to dialogue on issues affecting them and their businesses and linkages to support mechanisms.
- Further, the primary beneficiaries will be trained on pitching their businesses to access opportunities. We shall have a team of qualified Program staff facilitators and mentors to support the learning agenda all through the program.
Participants will have:
- Access to the online business planning platform -Dream Builder.
- A dedicated one-on-one mentor to support you in their business planning process.
- Access to a community of female entrepreneurs with opportunities for peer-to-peer inspiration and learning.
- The opportunity to pitch your business to a prominent jury of seasoned entrepreneurs/industry leaders.
- The chance to win seed funding to launch or consolidate your business.
- Women entrepreneurs 25 years to 45 years and fluent in English.
- Reside in Nairobi, Lamu, Mombasa and Nakuru .
- Have recently started a business and have at least a year of experience selling their product or service.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to commit on average five hours per week to AWE both physically and virtually as required by the program.
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English.
- Have access to the internet.
You can apply to AWE KENYA 2022 by this online application form, fill out some basic data below. Application deadline: May 24th, 2022, 5 pm local time.
For more information, visit AWE Kenya.