Absa SHE STARS Program 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs in Kenya
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Applications are open for the Absa SHE STARS Program 2022. The Absa SHE STARS Program supports female entrepreneurs from various sectors in Kenya to overcome some of the most prevalent challenges of today’s women in the business world.
Over the course of 18 months, Yunus Environment Hub (YEH) will support 1,500 women-led micro and small enterprises within the ABSA Bank clientele to build more resilient, sustainable, and competitive businesses in response to disrupted livelihoods, climate change, biodiversity loss and a resource depleting economy. The beneficiaries will be equipped with the necessary tools and skills to capitalize their business models to drive change and examine the broader landscape in which they thrive in.
Through a blended Finance and Business Development program, they aim at empowering these entrepreneurs to enhance their business capabilities and thus increase income opportunities and create jobs. Additionally, with the tailored mentorship and interactive business training and extensive networking opportunities with experienced entrepreneurs, the program entails hands-on skills and a capacity building journey to the selected SHE STARS.
The selected participants will:
- access training in business skills and COVID-19 risk mitigation, response and resilience building through a 3-month learning program, tailored to their needs, accessible anytime anywhere, with practical applications and engaging activities.
- access Business Development Services, Mentoring & Coaching through an extensive mentoring program, involving various mentor roles (BIG SISTERS), networking opportunities, community building and support.
- access markets and finance through dedicated support and networking sessions after training. The SHE STARS will also have opportunities to meet the International Trade Centre and other partners within ABSA network.
- Should be between the ages between 22 and 55 years;
- Must have been in business for at least 2 years;
- The business should be women led/owned;
- Have demonstrated a keen interest for growth, e.g. through operation expansion over years, growth in annual turnover, increase in jobs opportunities, market penetration etc.;
- Favourably the business should be solving a challenge within social and environmental bounds;
- The business should be solving a challenge within the following sectors: Agribusiness value chains, Hospitality & Tourism, Retail & Wholesale, Manufacturing, Education, Information and Communications Technology, Business Services (consultancy and basic services) and Waste Management & Sanitation.
Applications will close on May 31, 2022 at 23:59 EAT. Estimated time to complete the form is 15-20 mins.
For more information, visit Absa SHE STARS Program.