Deadline: August 2, 2022
Applications are open for the Princeton Society of Fellows Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023-2026. Appointed in the Council of the Humanities and academic departments, postdoctoral fellows pursue their research, attend weekly seminars, and teach half-time as lecturers for a term of three years.
In each of the first two years, fellows teach one course each semester; in their third year, only one course in either semester. Fellows must reside in or near Princeton during the academic year.
Five fellowships are to be awarded:
- Two or three Open Fellowships in any discipline represented in the Society
- One Fellowship in Humanistic Studies
- One Fellowship in East Asian Studies
- One Fellowship in Race and Ethnicity Studies
- Fellows receive a competitive salary and benefits, a $5,000 research account, access to university grants, a shared office, a desktop computer and other resources.
- Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
- Applicants holding the Ph.D. at the time of application must have received the degree after January 1, 2021.
- Applicants not yet holding the Ph.D. must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation – at least half – at the time of application. Successful candidates must fulfill all requirements for the Ph.D., including filing of the dissertation, by June 15, 2023.
- Candidates for/recipients of doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence, and from Princeton University are not eligible.
- Applicants may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
- Selection is based on exceptional scholarly achievement and evidence of unusual promise, range and quality of teaching experience, and potential contributions to an interdisciplinary community. The Society of Fellows seeks a diverse and international pool of applicants, and especially welcomes those from underrepresented backgrounds.
Applicants are asked to submit an online application by August 2, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EDT).
For more information, visit Princeton Society of Fellows.