UN SDSN Youth Nigeria Climate Actors Accelerator Programme 2022
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Applications are invited for the UN SDSN Youth Nigeria Climate Actors Accelerator Programme 2022. The Programme is for interested and qualified candidates, who are passionate about proffering solutions to the global climate crisis, thus creating a liveable environment toward a net-zero future.
Climate change is among the greatest threats to our generation and the generations to come, which is contributing to a rise in global hunger and threatening livelihoods. It’s observed that many people are not aware of the relevance of safeguarding nature.
At UN SDSN Youth Nigeria, they believe that protecting nature is a collective action for every youth and we need to implement several transformative solutions to solve problems around climate change, nature and biodiversity loss, waste and pollution thus attaining net-zero emissions by 2050. We must shift from harming the planet to healing it.
The goal of this programme is to develop a network of young talents that would pioneer transformative solutions to restore and protect our planet and ecosystem.
- Access to Funding Opportunities
- One on One Mentorship
- Leadership and Career Development
- Ecological Tour and Trips
- Access to International Trainings and Workshops
- Applicant must be a Nigerian between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the programme.
- Availability to partake in both virtual and physical training.
- Have new idea of a solution or a validated, working prototype that addresses climate and environmental issues.
- Applicants must be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDG 2030 and the Paris Agreement.
Applications will close on June 3, 2022 at 9PM WAT. All applications must be submitted on or before the deadline.
For more information, visit SDSN Youth.