Flywire Charitable Foundation Academic Scholarship 2022 (up to $5,000)
Deadline: June 17, 2022
Applications for the Flywire Charitable Foundation Academic Scholarship 2022 are now open. The Flywire Charitable Foundation aims to improve equality, access and affordability for underrepresented individuals and communities.
The 2022 Academic Scholarships will be awarded to students in four distinct academic categories: social justice, global health, global citizenship and environmental sustainability.
- Social justice: As social justice issues, including but not limited to: policing, anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, religious persecution, sexism, racism and sexual violence continue to dominate the world news the need for significant social justice reform has only increased. These scholarships will be awarded to tomorrow’s leaders who are committed to eradicating racism, violence, systemic biases and other acts of intolerance.
- Global health: As individuals and communities around the world continue to overcome the challenges of a global pandemic, it’s clear that there is a strong need for innovative approaches to improve global health. These scholarships will be awarded to students who are committed to improving health outcomes and quality of life for individuals all over the world.
- Global citizenship: As global conflicts have escalated across the world stage, this year has uncovered the importance of elevating humanity when addressing challenges across social, political, and economic issues. Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who embody their own definition of being a global citizen with the purpose of making a positive impact on their community and the world.
- Environmental sustainability: The most critical resource that we have is a healthy planet, yet the ongoing threats to environmental health continue to endanger our livelihood. Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who are actively fighting climate change and other risks to our planet in order to create a more sustainable environment for all future generations.
- Eight total scholarships of $5,000 USD each will be awarded.
- The scholarships are open to Undergraduate & Graduate students worldwide.
- Matriculating and currently enrolled students are welcome to apply.
- Open to all majors.
- Each student can only apply to one of the four scholarship categories.
A select committee of Flywire Charitable Foundation members and diverse global Flywire employees will review each application individually. The criteria used in the selection process are:
- Adherence to Prompt: The applicant meets all requirements, clearly addresses the questions posed by Flywire, and demonstrates how their studies relate to the scholarship they have selected.
- Persistence: The applicant provides a clear overview of their personality, interests and values and shows evidence of determination and resilience when faced with obstacles.
- Leadership: The applicant describes their personal, academic and/or career goals and indicates how their educational pursuits are helping them achieve stated goals.
All eligible applicants must complete the application form.
Submission of an essay responding to the below prompt is required within the application form. Essays should be one-page typed (12-point standard style font, 1-inch margins) in PDF format. All applications must be submitted in English.
In your comprehensive essay, provide clear answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about yourself: what are you studying and at what school?
- What hurdles have you had to overcome to pursue your studies?
- What do you hope to achieve with your education and how does it relate to the theme of the scholarship you have selected?
For more information, visit Flywire Charitable Foundation.