Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship 2022 for Storytellers (Funded to Austria)
Deadline: July 1, 2022
Applications for the Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship 2022 are now open. The Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship is a comprehensive program for storytellers to accelerate their project in development through a series of skill-building workshops, networking events, pitching opportunities and mentorship.
Projects in development must include a visual media component (e.g. short-form and long-form films, animation, VR/AR/360° video, a web series, a film impact campaign, etc.). Projects can consist of a wide range of topics including but not limited to environmental justice, climate change, conservation, human-wildlife conflict, traditional ecological knowledge, etc. Applicants will be asked to clearly articulate their goals. A fellow’s undertaking can be in the early, middle, or later stage of development.
This 4-month program will accept 10 to 15 in-person fellows, beginning their journey virtually with a slate of workshops, gatherings and mentorship and will culminate with an engaging lineup of exclusive skill-building and networking opportunities at the 31st annual Jackson Wild Summit in Burgenland, Austria.
Fellows will receive:
- A complimentary pass to the 2022 Jackson Wild Summit.
- Lodging that is covered for the duration of the fellowship (Sat, Sept 24 – Sun, Oct 1).
- A financial stipend to cover the cost of travel.
Additionally, fellows will enjoy the following benefits:
- All fellows will be paired with individual mentors
- Two virtual workshops before the Summit
- Two in-person workshops at the Summit
- One virtual networking event prior to the Summit
- A social hour for fellows and mentor/board individuals on Sunday night
- A gathering for all of the fellows on Tuesday evening
- Fellows will have an exclusive opportunity to sign up for consulting slots to receive specific advice on projects in the works
- Early sign-up for speed pitching
- Individual support with fellows’ specified career goals and projects
- Open to all storytellers from around the world;
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of experience working in the industry;
- Applicants must have at least one project in development.
Ideal candidates include:
- Emerging to mid-career wildlife, science and natural history storytellers who are interested in growing their network and gaining a deeper understanding of the industry as a whole;
- Creators with a focus on visual media whose backgrounds are outside of nature-centered topics, but who are looking to “genre hop” into the wildlife filmmaking industry;
- Natural history/wildlife photographers who are in the process of expanding the scope of their work into video.
Applications will close on July 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT. Applicants will be notified by July 29, 2022 and the Summit Fellowship will run from September 24 – October 1, 2022.
For more information, visit Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship.